30 January 2017
The Communications Consumer Panel works to protect and promote the interests of consumers, citizens and micro-businesses in the communications sector, including postal services. The Panel operates in a dynamic, fast-moving and challenging environment where there are both new opportunities but also new risks to consumer protection.
We are looking to appoint a member representing Scotland to the Panel, who will also act as a member of the Advisory Committee on Older and Disabled People (ACOD). ACOD advises Ofcom about the interests and opinions of older and disabled people living in the UK.
To join the Consumer Panel and ACOD you will need:
- Good understanding of issues affecting the communications sector in Scotland or an ability to acquire it rapidly
- Good knowledge and understanding of the political and constitutional context in Scotland
- Ability to understand complex consumer, citizen, micro-business, regulatory, economic and wider business issues
- A keen interest in consumers’ experiences, with particular reference to older and disabled people in Scotland
- Strong communication skills to make an effective contribution to the discussions of a high level public body
Potential conflicts of interest from a financial or business perspective must be declared and discussed at interview.
The time commitment is four days a month.
Ofcom is an equal opportunities employer. It wishes to reflect the diversity of contemporary UK Society and is therefore actively seeking to recruit members from all age groups and cultural and ethnic backgrounds as well as those with a disability. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet all the essential criteria of the job description.
For further information and for details of how to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 10 February 2017
Categories: News releases